Keeping your data safe
SHIFT: A Partnership between the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow School of Art and Queen Margaret University Edinburgh
The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, Glasgow School of Art and Queen Margaret University Edinburgh are working together on SHIFT to create a resource available to all budding creative entrepreneurs, freelancers, artists, musicians, producers and performers. You are the pioneers of this inaugural year of the programme and we need your help to continue improving in years to come.
What data do we collect?
SHIFT collects the following data:
- SHIFT application data
- Personal identification information when you register on the site (Name, email address, etc.)
- Photo’s and video from the SHIFT events
- Feedback from participants of SHIFT events
- Feedback about the impact of SHIFT on your career as a creative professional
- Anonymous data about website traffic
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide SHIFT with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or apply for a place at a SHIFT event.
- Voluntarily complete a survey or provide feedback
- Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
How will we use your data?
SHIFT collects your data so that we can:
- Process your application and manage your account.
- Email you with news or information that might be of use to you
Promotional SHIFT programmes in the future
- Analysis who is attending SHIFT in order to improve the programme
- Feed back to our funders
If you agree, SHIFT will share your data with our partner companies for the purposes outlined above
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
- The Glasgow School of Art
- Queen Margret University Edinburgh
- Creative Entrepreneurs Club
- Funding bodies such as Universities Innovation Fund & Scottish Funding Council
How do we store your data?
SHIFT securely stores your data on the servers of each of the partners mentioned above. Each of these servers is located in the EU and complies with GDPR requirements.
SHIFT will keep your data for:
- Successful apps – Current year plus 2 years
- Unsuccessful apps – 6 months
Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
What types of cookies do we use?
Functionality – SHIFT uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and the location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
What are your data protection rights?
SHIFT would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request SHIFT for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that SHIFT correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request SHIFT to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that SHIFT erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that SHIFT restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to SHIFT’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that SHIFT transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email:
write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org