An optional credit rated module is also available for participants through SHIFT Plus (SCQF Credits 20 at SCQF Level 11).
This credit-rated addition to SHIFT will focus on further preparing participants to transition into professional creative practice from Higher Education through the preparation of a 12 Month Action Plan, charting your next steps and putting your SHIFT learning into practice.
On successful completion of the SHIFT PLUS module you will be able to:
- Formulate a detailed operating model and budget, identifying the structure, priorities and potential funding sources for your company or freelance practice.
- Evidence clear understanding of your potential customers or audiences and how to manage professional networks.
- Demonstrate a detailed approach to branding and marketing your work.
- Demonstrate self-awareness and clear understanding of your own artistic practice, with the ability to plan for success and reflect on strengths and areas for development.
This will culminate in the submission of a SHIFT Plus 12 Month Action Plan due on 29th February 2024.
The 12 Month Action Plan should include:
- Operating Model
- 12 month budget
- Your legal structure
- Priorities and next steps.
- Any Copyright and Intellectual Property Rights considerations
- Potential sources of funding for your work (Grants/Awards/Crowdfunding/Sales)
- Potential Customers/Audience
- Building and managing your professional network
- Branding and marketing you and your work
- Critical Analysis and Reflection since participation in SHIFT.
The assessment is graded and assessors will look for evidence of research and reflection with a demonstrable level of depth and commitment to understanding both the practical implications of establishing and sustaining a professional creative practice.